FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will miss the rest of the season because of a foot injury that will require surgery.
Coach Gary Patterson said Wednesday that Fields has been frustrated by the foot he hurt at Texas Tech on Sept. 12.
Fields last season was the Big 12 defensive player of the year as a true freshman when he had 10 sacks. After an unspecified violation of university and team rules during the offseason, he missed the season opener and parts of two other games this summer as penalty.
Because Fields played in only three games, he could get a medical redshirt and have three seasons of eligibility remaining after this season.
He had four tackles without a sack.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One Hurt In Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Arlington Considers Joining Dallas In Lawsuit Against SB4
- Cancun Travel Warning Issued By State Department
- Arrival Of Reptiles Could Advance Research In North Texas
- Auto Theft Suspect Arrested After Stopping To Watch Eclipse