TCU DE Devonte Fields Out Rest Of Season
FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will miss the rest of the season because of a foot injury that will require surgery.
Coach Gary Patterson said Wednesday that Fields has been frustrated by the foot he hurt at Texas Tech on Sept. 12.
Fields last season was the Big 12 defensive player of the year as a true freshman when he had 10 sacks. After an unspecified violation of university and team rules during the offseason, he missed the season opener and parts of two other games this summer as penalty.
Because Fields played in only three games, he could get a medical redshirt and have three seasons of eligibility remaining after this season.
He had four tackles without a sack.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MedStar Turns ‘Self-Preservation’ Into ‘Innovation’
- Jones Not Talking Super Bowl, But Optimism Shows
- Planned Parenthood Seeks Fed Study Of Fetal Tissue Research
- Move Could Be In Store For Big Texan Steak Ranch
- CPR That Saved Dad A Result Of Teen Wanting To Get Summer Tan