PBS ran a documentary titled “League of Denial” last night alleging, among other things, that there is a solid correlation between football and the degenerative neurological condition known as CTE.
K&C masterpiece had guest Daniel J. Flynn, author of “The War on Football”, on to present a contrasting position to the stance the documentary takes. The documentary paints the sport in an incredibly negative light, especially considering that doctors recently discredited one of their main points. Mr. Flynn’s book presents a cogent, factual counter-argument.
Daniel J. Flynn has been featured on Fox News and the NFL network to present his views. His Op-Eds have run in The Wall Street Journal, New York Post, the LA Times and the Chicago Tribune to speak on the topic.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- NFL Picks Week 4: Vikings Remain Perfect While Jaguars Grab First Win
- CBS Sports’ Dan Fouts Talks Dolphins-Bengals On TNF, Bills-Pats Sunday
- Garrett: Dez Has A Slight Hairline Fracture In His Knee
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- Cowboys Coach Garrett On Practice-To-Play Policy; Injury Update