Deion Sanders Denies Assault Of School Adminstrator
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas Police are investigating an alleged assault at Prime Prep Academy that occurred during a faculty meeting involving the school’s co-founder, Deion Sanders.
According to the police report, the complainant stated that the suspect became angry during a faculty meeting, which initiated the confrontation.
The complainant reported that the suspect made statements towards him, approached him and grabbed him by the collar, pushing him into the wall. Witnesses to the event stepped in to stop the altercation.
A private vehicle transported the complainant to the hospital, where he complained of soreness to his throat, back and left hip.
A police report was filed after he left the hospital, though no suspect was named in the report. CBS 11 talked to Sanders, who confirmed he is the suspect mentioned in the report. However, he denies any assault.
Sanders took to Twitter on Thursday to proclaim his innocence, though he did acknowledge that a confrontation did occur.
Prime Prep Academy was established by Sanders and his partner DL Wallace in August 2012. The school withdrew from the UIL last November amidst growing criticism surrounding its athletic program.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )
- Convicted Killer Heads To Death Row; 1st In Texas In 2015
- Court Rules In Favor Of Association Trying To Block Sams Club Near Citiplace
- Rangers Announce 2015 ALDS 25-Man Roster
- Gov. Abbott Takes Steps To Reduce Rape In Texas Prisons
- Iconic 11/22/63 Miniseries Scenes Filmed Today In Downtown Dallas
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures