Odom Enters Not Guilty Plea In DUI Case
LOS ANGELES (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – NBA player Lamar Odom has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence in connection with his arrest in August.
Odom didn’t appear in court for the arraignment Wednesday and his attorney entered the plea on his behalf. A pretrial hearing was set for Nov. 8.
The DUI charge against the 33-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers player includes an allegation that Odom refused to take a chemical test. According to California law, a motorist forfeits their license for a year if they refuse a breath or blood test.
He was arrested Aug. 30 after his Mercedes-Benz SUV was spotted weaving on a freeway in the Studio City section of Los Angeles. The California Highway Patrol said Odom’s vehicle was observed traveling in a “serpentine manner.”
Odom remains free on $15,000 bail. The husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
Odom played for the Clippers last season and the Dallas Mavericks before that. He is now a free agent.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures