Man Killed In Back-To-Back Crashes In Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - One man was killed early Thursday morning after back-to-back crashes along the LBJ Freeway in Dallas.
The incident started at around 2:30 a.m. when a Toyota sedan rear-ended a pickup truck just west of the Dallas North Tollway. A man from the car got out of that vehicle to inspect the damage. At that point, a Honda hit the two crashed vehicles, killing the original driver who was standing at the scene.
Police quickly shut down the freeway to conduct an investigation, and the Dallas County Medical Examiner was called out to the scene. The name of the deceased man has not been released.
Dallas Fire-Rescue said that one other victim was taken to Parkland Hospital, but the condition of that individual is not known.
Traffic was tied up in the area for several hours as cars were diverted off of the LBJ Freeway and onto the service road. Even after the three vehicles involved in the crashes were removed, crews still had to contend with a fuel spill.
- Sony Hack Puts All Companies On Alert
- Loved Ones Search Allen For Missing Woman
- Oklahoma Official: Felt ‘Pressure’ To Carry Out Executions
- Fatal Heart Attacks Occur On Christmas More Than Any Other Day
- Cattle Thefts On The Rise & That Means Higher Beef Prices
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures