DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Pizza doesn’t have the power to end the government shutdown, but one Dallas restaurant is hoping its “pie-partisan” efforts can at least help those in need.
Pie Five Pizza is offering all furloughed government employees free pizza from Friday, October 11, through Sunday, October 13. All that’s needed is a valid government ID.
“Listen, we’re all frustrated by the nonsense going on in Washington; but the shutdown is no laughing matter for furloughed employees, so we wanted to do our part to make life a little easier on them,” said Flynn Dekker, Pie Five’s chief marketing officer. “So come on by this weekend, show us your government ID, pinkie promise that you’ve been furloughed, and your favorite personalized pie is on us.”
But the restaurant isn’t stopping there. Should a member of Congress enter the establishment — he would “pay double”.
“In fact, if they show up, we might just shame them into buying pies for everyone in the restaurant! Think we’re joking? Go ahead, try us…” said the restaurant in a release.
The same goes for President Barack Obama.
Pie Five Pizza is headquartered in The Colony, was founded in 1958, and franchises nearly 300 restaurants across the nation.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Kahne Ends Victory Drought At Brickyard 400
- Beltre Bolstering HOF Case While Nearing 3,000 Hits
- “Wonder Woman” Sequel Officially Announced
- Jerry Jones Backs Elliott, Puts On Pre-Camp Show For Cowboys
- Phelps Loses By 2 Seconds To Simulated Shark In ‘Shark Week’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures