FRISCO (AP) – Mike Magee tied for the MLS goal-scoring lead and added an assist to help the Chicago Fire hold off FC Dallas 3-2 Saturday night.
The victory moved the Fire (13-12-7) into a three-way tie with Montreal and Philadelphia for fourth place in the Eastern Conference with two matches remaining.
Dallas (10-11-11) rallied from a 3-0 deficit on Kenny Cooper’s two second-half goals, but remained eighth in the Western Conference.
Chicago opened the scoring in the 25th minute when Magee sent a corner kick from the left side to about 10 yards in front of the goal and Juan Luis Anangono headed it in.
Magee scored his 19th goal in the 42nd minute when Alex’s shot deflected off Magee’s right shoulder.
Defender Jalil Anibaba put Chicago ahead 3-0 in the 52nd minute with his first goal since May 2012.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- “Park And Stay” Criticized In Plano
- Some Dallas Panhandlers Doing Better Than Okay
- Texan With Character: Ali Esfandiary
- DNA Dating: Testing Romantic Chemistry Through Genetics
- City Of Dallas Hires Attorneys In Anticipation Of Exxxotica Lawsuit
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures