IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – The Dallas Cowboys will be playing for the lead in the NFC East this Sunday in Philadelphia but are planning on doing so without a pair of key starters, defensive end DeMarcus Ware and running back DeMarco Murray.
While Cowboys executive Stephen Jones tells 105.3 The Fan, “I don’t think we’re dealing with anything here that’s going to be a long time period,’’ a source tells FOXSports that both players – injured in Dallas’ 31-16 victory Sunday over the Redskins – will miss the Eagles meeting.
The club is hopeful that Ware (quad strain) and Murray (sprained knee) might miss just that one game, though in the case of Ware, that may be betting on the optimistic side.
For Ware, it will mark the end of an ironman streak. The future Hall-of-Famer has not missed a game since entering the NFL in 2005. For Murray, it will mark the continuation of injury issues that have plagued him since being drafted by Dallas three seasons ago.
Dallas (like Philadelphia at 3-3) will likely rely on defensive end Kyle Wilber and running back Joseph Randle to pick up the slack. Both played key roles Sunday, Wilber registering an important strip/sack/fumble recovery against Robert Griffin III and Randle scoring his first NFL touchdown.
The Cowboys, already thin along the defensive line, may bring in a group of free agents for tryouts this week.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 1 Suspect In Custody After Police Evacuate Hulen Mall
- Survey: 15 Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures