Cowboys Add DE Jarius Wynn, Release Defenders Carter, Greenwood
IRVING (AP) - The Cowboys announced Tuesday they have signed defensive end Jarius Wynn and released defensive tackle David Carter and cornerback Chris Greenwood.
Wynn was cut by San Diego last week after appearing in the first five games for the Chargers. A sixth-round pick by Green Bay in 2009, he has 28 career tackles in 48 games.
The Cowboys added Wynn after DeMarcus Ware sustained a right quadriceps injury last weekend against Washington. He might miss the first game of his eight-year career Sunday at Philadelphia.
Dallas signed running back Davin Meggett to the practice squad. He is the son of former NFL running back Dave Meggett.
The Cowboys have just two healthy backs if DeMarco Murray (knee) and Lance Dunbar (hamstring) don’t play against the Eagles.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Southwest Adds 2 Gates At Dallas Love Field, More Nonstops
- ParkMe App Finds Open Metered Parking In Dallas
- 15-Story Office Building Near Downtown Dallas Imploded
- Ennis Police Shoot, Wound Gunman In Truck Pursuit
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: