Cowboys Add DE Jarius Wynn, Release Defenders Carter, Greenwood
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP) - The Cowboys announced Tuesday they have signed defensive end Jarius Wynn and released defensive tackle David Carter and cornerback Chris Greenwood.
Wynn was cut by San Diego last week after appearing in the first five games for the Chargers. A sixth-round pick by Green Bay in 2009, he has 28 career tackles in 48 games.
The Cowboys added Wynn after DeMarcus Ware sustained a right quadriceps injury last weekend against Washington. He might miss the first game of his eight-year career Sunday at Philadelphia.
Dallas signed running back Davin Meggett to the practice squad. He is the son of former NFL running back Dave Meggett.
The Cowboys have just two healthy backs if DeMarco Murray (knee) and Lance Dunbar (hamstring) don’t play against the Eagles.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Stars Retire Modano’s No. 9 Jersey
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: