DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas police have arrested a woman they say murdered her romantic rival.
Lolita English, 38, is accused of shooting the wife of the man she was having an affair with.
Police say Tawana Alexander went to English’s apartment at 1628 S. Fitzhugh Avenue in Dallas to confront English about sleeping with her husband.
As the two started arguing English grabbed a knife and Alexander left the apartment, according to witnesses.
Alexander went back to English’s door, believing she might have been cut. But this time, instead of letting her inside, English intentionally pointed a gun outside the door and fired at Alexander, witnesses told police.
Alexander was hit in the chest. Another woman who was standing outside was also hit in the upper body. Alexander died from her injuries.
English admitted to police that she knowingly fired the gun at Alexander. She has been charged with Murder.
- Dallas Marathon Cancelled; Still Draws Runners
- Falling Ice Cause For Concern
- Drone Flys Over Ice-Covered Dallas
- Frustrations, Delays Continue At DFW Airport
- Roads Dangerous Despite Temporary Warm-Up
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures