GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) — The search for a serial burglary suspect spans throughout North Texas.
Grapevine police say 23-year-old Jesus Chavez is wanted for targeting homes in broad daylight to steal gold jewelry.
Police believe Chavez could be responsible for up to four burglaries in Grapevine. Authorities were led to Chavez through physical evidence from two of the home burglaries.
Grapevine Sergeant Robert Eberling believes Chavez knocks on the front door to see if anyone is home. If no one answers, he breaks in through a back door and steals jewelry. The fear is he could turn violent.
“If he enters a home, and the homeowner happens to be there — there could be some sort of confrontation and someone could get hurt,” says Sergeant Eberling.
Authorities in Arlington, Mansfield and Ellis County are searching for Chavez.
If you have any information, you are urged to call 911 or contact the Grapevine Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at (817) 410-3200.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump Criticizes GOP Senator By Name
- Whole Foods Shareholders Say Yes To Amazon Deal
- Woman’s Tinder Date Steals Dog While She Housesits
- Clinton: My ‘Skin Crawled’ As Trump Shadowed During Debate
- Two North Texas Boys Got To Ride To School In Style
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures