DECATUR (AP) - A North Texas community leader has died after collapsing while at a commissioners court meeting.
Wise County Judge Bill McElhaney of Bridgeport collapsed Monday morning. McElhaney was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Justice of the Peace Jan Marrow says CPR was done on the 67-year-old McElhaney but he could not be revived. The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday did not yet have autopsy results.
McElhaney was serving his second term as Wise County judge. He was also vice president of the executive board of the North Central Texas Council of Governments.
Services are pending.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bears Beat Cowboys 45-28 On Ditka Day
- Steve Stockman Challenges Cornyn In U.S. Senate Race
- Falling Ice the New Threat From Winter Weather
- CBS 11 iTeam: Where Were The Mayors?
- North Texas ISD’s Decide To Open Or Not To Open
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures