DFW Burglary Suspect Caught In San Antonio
Get Breaking News First
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) - Authorities have captured the man suspected of committing a string of burglaries in Grapevine. Jesus Chavez was taken into custody without incident at about 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday night by police in San Antonio.
Investigators in Grapevine had traced Chavez to a bus station in Austin, and discovered that he had boarded a bus for San Antonio. Officials in North Texas notified San Antonio authorities and police captured the 23-year-old suspect shortly after he arrived in the Alamo city.
Chavez has been connected to at least four home break-ins since October 4, all on Grapevine’s south side. Detectives found evidence at the crime scenes that linked the suspect to each offense.
According to police, the suspect would start by knocking on the front door of a home. If nobody answered, he would then head around to a backdoor and force his way inside. The burglar stole jewelry in each incident. “He’s pretty confident in what he’s doing,” Sgt. Robert Eberling with the Grapevine Police Department had said prior the Chavez’s arrest.
During one incident, the victim did not answer the front door even though they were at home. When the suspect broke in, Eberling said, an encounter with that homeowner scared away the would-be burglar.
Police in Arlington and Mansfield had also been searching for Chavez, and he has active arrest warrants in Ellis County and Tarrant County.
- 10 People Injured In DART Accident
- Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray Grounds Titans
- Cowboys Ride Murray To 26-10 Win Over Titans
- Rangers OF Choice Gets Hurt Running Bases
- Texas A&M Freshman Garrett Leads SEC In Sacks
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures