Search Continues For Lewisville Teen’s Attacker
Get Breaking News First
LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) - Police in Lewisville are still searching for the man accused of attacking a 14-year-old girl as she stepped off of her school bus last month. Investigators remain worried that the suspect will strike again, and hope that the public can help track this man down.
In addition to releasing a sketch, authorities described the suspect as a Hispanic male in his 30s. On the night of the attack, he was wearing glasses and dark green scrubs, and was driving a white two-door car. The apartment manager at a complex close to where the attack took place also posted a warning and description of the suspect.
The attack took place at about 6:00 p.m. on a Tuesday, at an area not far from Interstate-35E and the Sam Rayburn Tollway.
According to investigators, the young victim had just gotten off of her school bus and was almost back home when the suspect approached her, grabbed her arm and pulled down her shirt. He then made a sexually explicit comment. The victim was able to punch her attacker and knock off his glasses. She managed to escape, but so did the suspect.
Police fear that, as time passes, the man could become bolder in his attacks. “The longer someone’s outstanding, sometimes, they can tend to get more bold and more brazen, and that’s really the last thing we would want to have happen,” said Capt. Jay Powell with the Lewisville Police Department. “We would like to get him identified and talk to him before any other incidents take place.”
“It just goes to show you that, no matter where you live, you can never be too careful,” said a female neighbor. “That’s sad.”
Anybody who recognizes the face in the sketch or has additional information that could bring more answers in this case is urged to contact the Lewisville Police Department immediately.
- Cowboys Make Tough Decisions On NFL Free Agency
- Dallas Stars Players React To Peverley’s Collapse
- Dallas Mother Missing For Four Days
- Irregular Heart Rhythms Not Uncommon
- North Texas Soldier To Be Awarded Medal Of Honor Posthumously
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures