TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Teenager Tyler Holder has been indicted on an attempted capital murder charge by a Tarrant County grand jury, stemming from the shooting of an Arlington Police Officer.
Prosecutors say 17-year-old Holder fired shots at Arlington Police Detective Charles Lodatto on July 23, as Lodatto and other law enforcement officers served an arrest and search warrant at his home. Lodatto survived the shootout.
Holder, is suspected of sexually abusing and killing 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher. He has been charged with murder, but the Gallagher case has not yet been presented to the grand jury, pending the return of some investigative reports.
Police say Holder sexually assaulted and suffocated Alanna Gallagher before wrapping her nude body in a tarp and dumping it along a Saginaw residential road.
Holder was shot in the head during the struggle with police and spent two weeks in the hospital after his arrest. He is currently being held on $1 million bond in the Tarrant County jail.
- Prison For 43-Year-Old McKinney Man Who Molested 8-Year-Old
- NASCAR Revises Format For All-Star Race
- Brain of Plano Teen Examined After He Killed His Mother, Brother
- Kimball High School Students Call For Better Security
- Google Celebrates Sigmund Freud’s Birthday
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures