Grand Jury Indicts Teen For Shooting Arlington Cop
TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) - Teenager Tyler Holder has been indicted on an attempted capital murder charge by a Tarrant County grand jury, stemming from the shooting of an Arlington Police Officer.
Prosecutors say 17-year-old Holder fired shots at Arlington Police Detective Charles Lodatto on July 23, as Lodatto and other law enforcement officers served an arrest and search warrant at his home. Lodatto survived the shootout.
Holder, is suspected of sexually abusing and killing 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher. He has been charged with murder, but the Gallagher case has not yet been presented to the grand jury, pending the return of some investigative reports.
Police say Holder sexually assaulted and suffocated Alanna Gallagher before wrapping her nude body in a tarp and dumping it along a Saginaw residential road.
Holder was shot in the head during the struggle with police and spent two weeks in the hospital after his arrest. He is currently being held on $1 million bond in the Tarrant County jail.
- Perry Goes For Ice Cream After Booking On Felony Charges
- Father Of ‘Affluenza’ Teen Arrested For Impersonating Police Officer
- Dallas Huey P. Newton Gun Club Plans Open Carry-Type Rally
- Trinity Groves No Longer Just A Destination For Dining
- What’s The Cowboys’ Romo Plan For Miami?
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures