Sesame Workshop Debuts Child Literacy Program
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - The nonprofit organization behind public television’s “Sesame Street” is to launch a new early-childhood literacy program in Dallas.
Sesame Workshop has scheduled the launch of “Every Day is a Reading and Writing Day” in Dallas on Friday.
This multimedia outreach initiative is a partnership with the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation. It exploits the reputation of the PBS children’s program friends to motivate young children and families to make the most of everyday opportunities to talk, read, and write together.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- EMS Crew Exposed To Ebola Patient Tests Negative
- Gov. Perry Plans Dallas News Conference On Ebola Case
- McIlroy Wins PGA Tour Player Of The Year
- Texas School Fund Worth $37.7 Billion
- App Teaches Kids Basic Computer Coding
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures