DALLAS (AP) – The nonprofit organization behind public television’s “Sesame Street” is to launch a new early-childhood literacy program in Dallas.
Sesame Workshop has scheduled the launch of “Every Day is a Reading and Writing Day” in Dallas on Friday.
This multimedia outreach initiative is a partnership with the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation. It exploits the reputation of the PBS children’s program friends to motivate young children and families to make the most of everyday opportunities to talk, read, and write together.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 North Texas Jailers Fired After Inmate Death To Be Reinstated
- Keidel: Is J.J. Watt Already Hall Of Fame-Bound?
- Christina Morris Kidnapper Sentenced To Life In Prison
- Texas Lottery Announces Record $5B In Fiscal 2016 Sales
- Fish Report: 10 Cowboys FishTips Prepping For 49ers
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures