Sesame Workshop Debuts Child Literacy Program
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - The nonprofit organization behind public television’s “Sesame Street” is to launch a new early-childhood literacy program in Dallas.
Sesame Workshop has scheduled the launch of “Every Day is a Reading and Writing Day” in Dallas on Friday.
This multimedia outreach initiative is a partnership with the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation. It exploits the reputation of the PBS children’s program friends to motivate young children and families to make the most of everyday opportunities to talk, read, and write together.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Talk Of Closing Olive Street In Downtown Dallas
- Zebra Mussels Move Into Denton Water System
- Top 5 Starting Rotations If The Playoffs Started Today
- Teen Defies Odds; Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Preparations For Unaccompanied Children Comes To Screeching Halt
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures