Woman Found In Freezer Died From Meth
MINERAL WELLS (AP) - A medical examiner has ruled that a Texas woman who was found by her son dead in a freezer died after taking methamphetamine and other drugs.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s report released Thursday says 38-year-old Shannon Herrin apparently grabbed a coat before crawling into the freezer in her garage on Aug. 8.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports a few hours later Herrin’s teenage son opened the freezer looking for food, and found his mother dead inside.
The report says Herrin died of the toxic effects of methamphetamine. It says hypothermia also contributed to Herrin’s death. Her death has been ruled accidental.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures