COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was injured in No. 7 Texas A&M’s game against No. 24 Auburn, but has returned after sitting out one series.
Manziel was injured when he was tackled on an 8-yard run early in the fourth quarter. It was unclear what his injury was.
He got up after the tackle and then went to the ground before he reached the A&M sideline. A&M officials looked at him for a couple of minutes on the turf before he got up and walked off on his own power.
He was replaced by Matt Joeckel with A&M leading 31-24. The Aggies made a field goal two plays after he left to make it 34-24.
He came back in the game with nine minutes left and Auburn leading 38-34.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Officer Involved In Deadly Auto-Pedestrian Crash
- Jerry Jones Apologizes For ‘Inappropriate’ Comment Amid Growing Tension With Goodell
- Exhibit Opens Saturday Honoring Dallas Officer Who Was Killed The Day Of JFK’s Assassination
- Woman Says Botched ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ Left Her In Wheelchair
- Jerry Jones: ‘It’s Not Who I Am’ Regarding Comment
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures