COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was injured in No. 7 Texas A&M’s game against No. 24 Auburn, but has returned after sitting out one series.
Manziel was injured when he was tackled on an 8-yard run early in the fourth quarter. It was unclear what his injury was.
He got up after the tackle and then went to the ground before he reached the A&M sideline. A&M officials looked at him for a couple of minutes on the turf before he got up and walked off on his own power.
He was replaced by Matt Joeckel with A&M leading 31-24. The Aggies made a field goal two plays after he left to make it 34-24.
He came back in the game with nine minutes left and Auburn leading 38-34.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Heat Keeping First Responders In North Texas Busy
- Blind Veteran Injured While Protecting His American Flag
- Rangers Turn 3 Rays Miscues Into 4-3 Win
- Beloved Texas Rangers Fan Sister Frances Dies At 90
- Trump: USS Ford Is ‘100,000-Ton Message To The World’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures