RUSTON, La. (AP) — Derek Thompson accounted for two touchdowns, one through the air and one on the ground, as North Texas defeated Louisiana Tech 28-13 Saturday.
North Texas (4-3, 2-1 Conference USA) snapped a record of 26 consecutive losses following a win, winning two straight for the first time since 2004.
The Mean Green erased an early 10-0 deficit against the Bulldogs (2-5, 1-2), scoring 28 unanswered points.
North Texas got on the board with a 61-yard touchdown pass from Thompson to Brelan Chancellor in the second quarter and a 56-yard interception return for a touchdown by Zac Whitfield gave the Mean Green a 14-10 halftime lead. Whitfield had two interceptions in the game.
A 3-yard touchdown run from Thompson and a 1-yard scoring run from Brandin Byrd in the third quarter gave North Texas a 28-10 lead.
Ryan Higgins completed 36 passes for 343 yards and scored the Bulldogs’ lone touchdown.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- O.J. Mayo Dismissed, Disqualified From NBA For Drug Violation
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Deals Flying As NHL Free Agency Begins
- Former Cowboys CB J.C. Spillman Sentenced To 5-Years In Sex Assault Case
- Texas Riders Get Stuck On Six Flags Roller Coaster
- Puck Drops On NHL Free Agency, Flurry Of Deals Expected
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures