FORT WORTH (CBDFW.COM) – A Trinity Railway Express train packed with passengers struck a car on the tracks Saturday, killing the driver inside.
It happened just after 2:30 p.m. in the 12000 block of Calloway Cemetery Road near Industrial Blvd. in East Fort Worth.
The 55-year-old driver died at the scene. Police say he suffered traumatic head and chest injuries from the impact. He was the only person inside the car.
The estimated 150 passengers are alright, according to Joan Hunter, spokesperson for the TRE. Some of them got off the train; boarding buses to make their next stop. However, the majority of passengers stayed on the train.
Investigators are looking into why the man’s car was on the tracks.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Market Watch: Stocks Extend Rally To New Highs
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album
- Chris Arnold Stories: Blind Date In The Windy City
- Cowboys Hopeful On Tank For Giants Game
- Former Fort Worth Mortuary Owner Wins Appeal
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures