Baylor, Texas Tech Lead Topsy-Turvy Big 12
TEXAS (AP) - The Big 12 is tough to figure this season.
Texas Tech (7-0, 4-0), which was ranked seventh in the preseason Big 12 poll, is now ranked 10th in the country and alone in first place.
No. 6 Baylor (6-0, 3-0), picked to finish fifth, is tied for second with Texas (4-2, 3-0).
The bottom half of the Big 12 might be just as surprising.
Just one year after landing nine bowl bids, half of the league is below .500 overall. That includes defending league champion Kansas State and TCU, which was expected to finish third this season behind Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Study: Insurers May Use Drug Costs To Discriminate
- Paroled Dallas Inmate Set To Die For Different 1996 Slaying
- Police Believe Child Sexual Predator Uses Money To Lure Kids
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- Police Offer Crime Prevention Class After String Of Burglaries
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures