TEXAS (AP) – The Big 12 is tough to figure this season.
Texas Tech (7-0, 4-0), which was ranked seventh in the preseason Big 12 poll, is now ranked 10th in the country and alone in first place.
No. 6 Baylor (6-0, 3-0), picked to finish fifth, is tied for second with Texas (4-2, 3-0).
The bottom half of the Big 12 might be just as surprising.
Just one year after landing nine bowl bids, half of the league is below .500 overall. That includes defending league champion Kansas State and TCU, which was expected to finish third this season behind Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Family, Friends Honor Firefighter Killed In Hit-And-Run
- Wild Weather Does Damage In Dallas
- Good Contractor’s List Kicks Out “Bad Apple”
- Facade Collapses Next To Parking Garage In Uptown
- Consumer Justice Results Round-Up: $1300 In Refunds In 2 Weeks
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures