Rangers Hire Tim Bogar As New Bench Coach
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Texas Rangers announced Monday they have hired baseball veteran Tim Bogar as bench coach.
Bogar replaces Jackie Moore, who was fired along with first base coach Dave Anderson after the Rangers missed the playoffs for the first time in four seasons.
A former major league infielder, Bogar spent this past season as manager at Double-A Arkansas Travelers. He was previously on Boston’s Red Sox coaching staff for four seasons, including 2012 as bench coach for the Red Sox. He worked in Boston with Rangers hitting coach Dave Magadan.
Bogar batted .228 in a nine-year major league career with the New York Mets (1993-96), Houston Astros (1997-2000), and LA Dodgers (2001).
Bogar played at one time for Ron Washington, who was on the staff for the Triple-A Tidewater Tides in the New York Mets organization, in both 1991 and 1992. He was also teammates with current Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux on the 1993 Mets, and played with Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre during his final big league campaign on the 2001 Dodgers.
The Rangers also said Monday that utility player Jeff Baker has been granted free agency after refusing an outright assignment. He was designated for assignment Oct. 9.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The staff of CBSDFW.com contributed to this report.)
- City Considers Charging To Surrender Pets At Shelter
- Ferguson, Missouri Cops Start Wearing Body Cameras
- Dozens Gather To Remember 6 Killed In Weekend Crash
- Buyers & Renters In The Hunt For North Texas Housing
- Rick Perry Joins List Of Political Social Media “Fails”
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures