Soldier Surprises Son At Burleson Elementary School
Get Breaking News First
BURLESON (CBSDFW.COM) - It doesn’t matter how many times we see service members come home to their unsuspecting children, they are the reunions that never get old. Students got a front row seat for a solider surprise at a special assembly at Brock Elementary.
At the assembly, 7-year-old Kale Branum had no clue why he was picked to be front and center on the gym floor –until he got a tap on the shoulder. U.S. Army Solider Randy Branum surprised his son, the two sharing a hug as kale’s face lit up. Branum had been deployed in South Korea for the past year.
The students at Brock welcomed Branum home by singing “God Bless America.” The gym then erupted into applause as they thanked him for his service.
Kale already has ideas of what he wants to do first with his dad.
“Maybe go fishing,” the 7-year old said.
To which his dad replied, “Fishing? I’m sure we can work that out.”
Before shocking his son, Branum also surprised his daughter 3-year-old Kylie at her daycare.
Amanda Branum says it’s been hard since Randy has been gone.
“It’s been very different and kind of more difficult having two kids and working full time job,” she said.
But this time around, Randy will be close to home as his next assignment is based in North Texas.
“It’s awesome getting to be home with my family again. My son and my daughter after being away for so long…knowing I’ll get to be here a few years…don’t have to worry about leaving,” said Randy. “It’s a real relief.”
Branum will be stationed in Fort Worth for the next three years.
- Arlington Hopes, College Champion Game Means National Attention
- Option Of Paper or Plastic May Be No More In Dallas
- Senator Ted Cruz Leans Toward 2016 Presidential Run
- Mexican Cartels Ramp Up Human Smuggling Business
- North Texans March In Labor Day Parade For Higher Wages
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures