Technical Glitch Causes Big Delays For Some Airport Toll Users
NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Cars crowded the north exit plazas at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Monday morning and afternoon.
One honk, then another, and another echoed throughout the area. All the noise came from drivers feeling frustrated after being stuck at the airport. A glitch meant delays for many drivers using TollTags and leaving the north exit plazas.
“We’ve probably been waiting 20 minutes now,” said driver Dan Blake, who had just picked up his wife. “This is crazy I know they are trying to automate it and everything… they need to get it working before they get rid of the toll booths and people.”
A glitch in the computer system was to blame. The machines that automatically read TollTags weren’t picking up the devices and that caused the delays.
There were problems in the morning for about an hour and then again during lunch hour. Crews were out trying to lift the gates manually and let drivers through.
“I’m extremely frustrated because I have stuff to do,” Kory Taylor said firmly. “Better things to spent my time on then sitting in line helping them figure out what’s wrong.”
This latest glitch comes on the heels of many drivers being overcharged by the new computer system that debuted in early September.
Frustrated drivers say the new system is anything but convenient. “We know it’s an inconvenience for our travelers,” explained DFW Airport spokesperson Cynthia Vega. “It’s not something that we anticipate happening. This is something that we are not able to identify at this point but we are working on correcting it as quickly as possible. We first have to figure out what it [problem] is.”
Vega went on to say the airport is trying to make traveling through DFW as user friendly as possible, with customers getting through the airport smoothly.
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures