Dallas Inmate Dies In Custody, Police Investigating
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas Police are trying to determine how an inmate died while in custody at the Dallas City Detention Center.
Brian Hunter, 32, was pulled over by police on Monday around 10:45 p.m. at LBJ and Abrams Road for making an unsafe lane change.
He was arrested after officers discovered he had active warrants out of Arlington and Wylie.
Hunter was taken and booked into the Dallas Detention Center at 11:40 p.m.
Initially, Hunter was put in general population, but was later moved to an individual holding cell.
At 2:15 a.m., City Detention employees found him unresponsive in his cell.
He was transported to Baylor Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
According to Dallas Police, Hunter did not indicate that he had any health problems at the time of his booking.
DPD’s Special Investigation Unit is looking into Hunter’s death and why he was moved from general population.
- Family Looks Ahead After Losing Son & Home In West Blast
- Texas DPS Seizes Polygamist Group’s Secluded Ranch
- Police Seek Serial Burglar
- Search For Person Of Interest In Fatal Hit & Run Continues
- Michaels Confirms Breach Of As Many As 2.6M Cards