DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police are trying to determine how an inmate died while in custody at the Dallas City Detention Center.
Brian Hunter, 32, was pulled over by police on Monday around 10:45 p.m. at LBJ and Abrams Road for making an unsafe lane change.
He was arrested after officers discovered he had active warrants out of Arlington and Wylie.
Hunter was taken and booked into the Dallas Detention Center at 11:40 p.m.
Initially, Hunter was put in general population, but was later moved to an individual holding cell.
At 2:15 a.m., City Detention employees found him unresponsive in his cell.
He was transported to Baylor Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
According to Dallas Police, Hunter did not indicate that he had any health problems at the time of his booking.
DPD’s Special Investigation Unit is looking into Hunter’s death and why he was moved from general population.
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- Montana Visitor Killed In Shooting On Las Vegas Strip Bus