PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) — A Plano resident and Vietnam veteran has released security footage of three young men vandalizing and desecrating an American flag in his front yard.
On Friday, Oct. 18, three men entered the 8900 block of High Meadows Drive in a blue car around 12:35 a.m. The men approached the flag, attempted to steal the statue that was holding it, and repeatedly stepped on the American flag.
“I am a Vietnam combat veteran and understand what this American flag represents,” the veteran wrote. “I hope you are disappointed in the conduct of your teens and demand they step up and take responsibility for their actions now. Otherwise, we will prosecute!”
As the men were leaving, they kicked a yard light across the lawn. The man says they repeatedly returned to the site of the crime before exiting into a nearby alley.
The Plano Police have been contacted and have opened a case on the incident.
The man is asking anyone with information about the men to email him at email@example.com.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rowlett Murder Suspect Had Been Deported In 2012
- Spacewalking Astronauts Prep Station For New Parking Spot
- Pilots’ Union Says American Airlines Is Leaving Standby Passengers Behind
- Big Wind And Wild Outcomes At Match Play
- U.S. Born Panda Bao Bao Makes 1st Public Appearance In China
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures