Learning To Be A Haunted House Zombie
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - It’s almost time to get dressed up for Halloween, but CBS 11 News reporter Elizabeth Dinh just couldn’t wait any longer. She visited The Cutting Edge haunted house in Fort Worth to get done up as a creepy character — a jilted zombie bride.
But that transformation involved much more than professional makeup and a well-worn gown. Dinh also received some zombie training at the haunted house’s ‘ghoul school,’ where the masters of scare train newbies on how to make people scream. The school typically includes a two-night audition process to find the right actors.
“They’re really into what they do,” said The Cutting Edge co-creator Todd James. “We just really take this haunted house and producing this event seriously, and we hope it shows.”
Check Out The Entire Process:
- Step 1: Ready To Become A Zombie
- Step 2: Getting The Zombie Makeup
- Step 3: Wearing A Zombie Costume
- Step 4: Learn To Act Like A Zombie
Located inside of an old meat-packing plant, The Cutting Edge haunted house has been scaring folks in Fort Worth for 24 years. Starting on Wednesday, the attraction will be open every night through November 2 — that’s 13 nights in a row! It takes visitors over an hour to make it through the entire place. The Cutting Edge has twice won Guinness World Records for the longest walk-through haunted house.
“When we came up with the name ‘The Cutting Edge,’ we wanted to be different,” said James. “We thought it was important for our actors and our organization to push the envelope on scaring people. So, we thought non-vocalization would be important, so our actors to try to mix some different things to frighten folks, and that’s real important to us.”
This year’s newest spooky features include a New Orleans cemetery, a giant man-eating snake, and Land of the Lost with chupacabras and dinosaurs.
“We’re just having fun, really loving what we do,” added James. “The crew and the cast that I work with, they’re all amazing, and it’s really an amazing place to be. We’re just having a great time.”
- Fort Worth Church Celebrates Doctor’s Ebola Recovery
- North Tarrant Express To Open Early
- Online School Diploma Worth The Money?
- Fort Worth Works To Keep Free After Hours Parking Downtown
- Many Wonder If It’s An Ebola “Cure” Or “Recovery”
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures