Five Arrested For Murder Of Teen
DESOTO (CBSDFW.COM) - DeSoto police have arrested five people, including two minors, for last week’s shooting death of a teenage boy.
Lovell Jenkins III, 16, was found bleeding inside a car from a gunshot wound to the chest in the 600 block of Fern drive on October 17.
Police say the suspects had set Jenkins and three other teens up to be robbed, calling him and telling him to meet at the location where he was killed.
Documents say the suspects approached the car asking about buying marijuana.
Then, police say two male suspects fired shots into the car, hitting Jenkins in the chest.
Lamund Mathis, 20, Tramon Mathis, 18 and Kyel Rodriguez, 18, have all been charged with one count of Capital Murder.
Two 16-year-olds have also been arrested and charged with Capital Murder. Their names and mugshots have not been released. DeSoto police say it is too early in the investigation to determine whether there will be an effort to certify them as adults.
Police say the shooting was caught on surveillance camera. Court documents say Rodriguez contacted detectives along with another suspect three days after the shooting, but their statements didn’t match that video.
Jenkins attended Townview Center High School, where counselors were provided to help his classmates deal with the grief.
His funeral will be held at Peaceful Rest Funeral home on Saturday, October 26, at 1 p.m.
- CO Detectors Installed, Students To Return To Lakewood Elementary
- Man Who Recently Moved To Dallas, Shot While Taking Pictures Of Snow
- Driver Killed After Falling Off I-20 Overpass In Benbrook
- The 5 ‘Coldest’ Names In Sports
- Are Yu Okay?
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures