HUNTSVILLE (AP) — Brian Bell threw for three touchdowns and ran for another as Sam Houston State extended its home winning streak to 20 with a 44-10 rout of Northwestern State on Saturday.
After scoring just a field goal on its first four drives, SHSU (6-2, 2-1 Southland) scored touchdowns on each of its next six possessions to break open a game that was tied at 3 midway through the second quarter.
Timothy Flanders began the string of touchdowns with a 7-yard scoring run. Bell then tossed touchdown passes on three straight drives, connecting with Richard Sincere for a 17-yard score, with Torrance Williams for a 44-yarder and with Chance Nelson for a 9-yarder. Bell then ran for an 18-yard score and Steven Hicks added a 2-yard touchdown run on the following drive.
NSU (3-5, 0-3) gained 412 total yards but lost two fumbles, missed a field goal and had another one blocked.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- With Statue Removed, Lee Park’s Name Likely To Go Next
- Texas Task Force 1 Heads To Caribbean To Help After Hurricane Maria
- WWE Insiders Pick No Mercy 2017
- Non-Profit Overwhelmed By Donations For Harvey Evacuees
- Officers Shoot Gunman At Josephine City Hall
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In: