Baylor Climbs To No.5 In AP College Football Poll
WACO (AP) - Baylor climbs to No. 5 in The Associated Press college football poll, the best ranking for the Bears in 60 years.
The top four teams in the rankings all put on impressive displays Saturday and hold their spots Sunday.
No. 1 Alabama received 55 first-place votes after beating Tennessee 45-10. No. 2 Oregon got three first-place votes following a 42-14 victory against UCLA. No. 3 Florida State pounded North Carolina State 49-17 and drew two first-place votes from the media panel. No. 4 Ohio State handed Penn State its worst loss in more than a century, 63-14.
Baylor beat Kansas 59-14 and moved up a spot after Missouri took its first loss. The only higher ranking for the Bears came in November 1953 when they were No. 3.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Czech Republic Prime Minister Visits West, Texas
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs Defense And Andre Holmes
- Dallas Officer Arrested For Aggravated Assault
- Official: FSU Gunman Was Alumnus, Texas Tech Graduate
- Teen Posing As 6th Grader Arrested For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures