SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Kenny Perry made a 10-foot birdie putt on the first hole of a playoff with Bernhard Langer on Sunday to win the Champions Tour’s AT&T Championship.
Perry and Langer each shot 5-under 67 to finish at 13-under 203 on TPC San Antonio’s AT&T Canyons Course. Perry saved par on the final hole of regulation with an 18-foot par putt.
Perry extended his lead in the Charles Schwab Cup from 494 to 612 points entering the season-ending Schwab Cup Championship next week in San Francisco. The top 30 on the money list qualified for the finale, though Perry and Langer are the only players with a shot at the $1 million annuity for the points title.
Perry won the Senior Players Championship and U.S. Senior Open in consecutive tour starts this summer and has five career victories on the 50-and-over circuit He won 14 times on the PGA Tour.
Fred Funk, Colin Montgomerie and Kirk Triplett tied for third, two shots back. Funk shot 67, Triplett had a 68 and Montgomerie a 69.
© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Possible Listeria Contamination Leads To Fruity Ice Pops’ Recall
- 5-Year-Old Claims Teachers Taped Mouth Shut, Threw Out Lunch
- Grapevine PD Getting One-Of-A-Kind Indoor Shooting Range
- Audi Recalls More Than 1M Vehicles; Coolant Pumps Can Overheat
- Southwest Has Been Faced With Fines, Union Safety Complaints
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures