WACO (AP) — Police are seeking two gunmen after a fatal shooting at a Central Texas apartment complex when an apparent drug deal went wrong.
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton on Sunday said a woman who was with the victim wasn’t hurt.
Swanton says police on Saturday night responded to gunfire at some apartments and found 44-year-old Leslie David Lee of Purmela dead at the scene. Swanton says Lee and a woman allegedly went to the apartments to complete a drug deal. Two armed men then tried to steal the drugs.
Swanton says Lee also apparently had a gun and tried to draw the weapon when he was shot several times. The suspects fled.
An autopsy has been ordered.
Purmela is 50 miles west of Waco.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Stars Fall To St. Louis Blues In OT, NHL Series Tied 1-1
- Brad Keselowski Wins Crazy Crash-Fest At Talladega
- Father Of Deceased Teen Burglar Says Homeowner Went Too Far
- Denton Co. Transportation Authority Holds Mock Disaster Drill
- ‘Jungle Book’ Rules At Box Office Again; ‘Civil War’ Looms
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures