64-Year-Old John Force Wins 16th NHRA Title
LAS VEGAS (AP) – John Force won his record 16th Funny Car season title Sunday, beating daughter Courtney Force in the final round in the NHRA Toyota Nationals.
The 64-year-old Force has won three straight events and four overall this season to push his record career total to 138. He won the final with a 4.062-second run at 310.63 mph.
Matt Smith also won at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway to wrap up the Pro Stock Motorcycle season title. Antron Brown won the Top Fuel event, and Shane Gray topped the Pro Stock field.
Smith topped Jerry Savoie with a 6.991 at 192.08 on a Buell.
Antron Brown edged Clay Millican at 3.782 and 324.51, and Gray beat V. Gaines with a 6.699 at 206.89 in a Chevy Camaro.
The season-ending Auto-Plus NHRA Nationals is Nov. 7-10 in Pomona, Calif.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Longtime Rangers Clubhouse Manger To Be Laid To Rest
- 5 Dead In Apartment Building Fire Near San Antonio
- Indigent Defense Idea To Get First Test In US
- Kim Williams To Plead Guilty For Her Part In Kaufman Murders
- Cowboys Dominate Redskins 44-17 In Regular Season Finale
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures