HAIKOU, China (AP) — Rory McIlroy won for the first time this year _ even if it was an 18-hole exhibition against Tiger Woods.
McIlroy made four birdies and an eagle over the final seven holes for a 6-under 67 at Mission Hills, giving him a one-shot win over Woods for the second straight year in China.
A year ago, McIlroy shot a 67 for a one-shot win over Woods at Jinsha Lake.
It was spectacular golf on the back nine at the Blackstone Course as they matched eagles and three birdies. McIlroy caught him with a birdie on the 14th, and pulled ahead when Woods came up short of the 17th green and missed a 5-foot par putt. Woods missed a 20-foot eagle putt on the last hole for a tie.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barber Cuts World Cup Soccer Players On Fan’s Heads
- Latest MLB Power Rankings: Astros Stay On Top Of The Pack
- FIFA Denies Report That It Knew About Doping Within Russian Soccer Team
- NFL Reportedly Denies Chiefs Lineman’s Request To Add M.D. To Jersey
- Stewart Powers Storm’s Late Run To Topple Wings 97-76
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures