HAIKOU, China (AP) – Tiger Woods says he is willing to put Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee’s inflammatory criticism behind him. The world No. 1 now says that it’s “in the hands of the Golf Channel.”
Chamblee was writing for “SI Plus” when he gave Woods an “F” for his season for being “cavalier with the rules.” He compared it with a time Chamblee received an “F” on a math test in the fourth grade for cheating.
Chamblee eventually apologized on Twitter for inciting such a divisive issue.
Speaking ahead of his exhibition match Monday with Rory McIlroy, Woods says he is moving forward but he doesn’t know what Golf Channel has planned. Golf Channel has not commented on Chamblee’s column, which was written for another publication.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ryan Leaf On Manziel’s Situation: ‘I Don’t Necessarily Think The NFL Has Much To Offer’
- “Affluenza” Teen Ethan Couch Moved To Adult Jail
- Congress Unites In Scorn For Shkreli, But Gridlock Remains
- The Life And Tragic Death Of Johnny Manziel?
- 22-Year-Old Texas Babysitter Gets Life For Molesting Boys
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures