Campbell Gets 4 Seats From Astrodome
HOUSTON (AP) – Hall of Fame running back Earl Campbell has received four seats from the Astrodome where he played for the Houston Oilers.
KRIV-TV reports Campbell on Tuesday also autographed a locker at the former NFL stadium as part of an upcoming auction.
The Heisman Trophy winner says it was “very special” being in the Astrodome again. Campbell was with the Oilers from 1978-1984.
SMG-Reliant Park officials say proceeds from Saturday’s auction of the locker and other Astrodome items will help offset renovation work.
Harris County voters on Tuesday will consider whether to authorize up to $217 million to turn the Astrodome into a convention center and exhibition space.
Campbell on Tuesday also attended a public memorial service in Houston for ex-Oilers coach Bum Phillips, who died Oct. 18.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Apple Unveils New iMacs & Accessories
- Controversial Growth Plan Has Some Plano Residents Planning Recall Election
- Hardy Returns Big To Cowboys, Is Dez Next?
- Playboy To Stop Showing Nude Women
- Cardinals Manager Trying iPad In Dugout
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures