LITTLE ELM (CBSDFW.COM) — Little Elm High School was placed on a precautionary lockdown on Wednesday morning after a student made a threat on social media.
The lockdown was lifted around 11:45 a.m. according to the district’s Facebook page.
“LEHS ALL CLEAR—Under the direction of LEPD, the lockdown has been lifted. All students and staff have been accounted for at this time. School is open – visitors please report to the front office.”
Little Elm City Manager Matt Mueller says that a freshman student at the school is responsible for the threat.
“We got reports that a freshman student who attends Little Elm High School had made threats on social media,” said Mueller. “The school is going to err on the side of caution anytime we have a situation like this.”
Mueller says the student in question was counted absent during first period as police continued their search for him.
The school communicated the lockdown via Facebook on Wednesday morning.
“The school was put in lockdown as a precaution while the student who was involved in the allegation could be located. Under the advisement of the Little Elm Police Department that is currently on site, the school remains in lockdown at this time.”
The district says that any reports of shots fired are incorrect. Little Elm Police are on campus as a precaution.
“We are obviously going to take every measure we can to make sure the students at Little Elm High School are safe,” said Mueller.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Crews Recover Two Bodies In Cedar Creek Lake
- An Assortment Of ‘Machine-Gun Fish’ Takes From Cowboys Sideline
- Weather Stops Balloon Launches Then Suspends Festival In Plano
- Convicted Rapist Uses Fundraiser To Help Rape Victims
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures