ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenage boy was shot at an apartment complex in Arlington, police said. The incident happened at around 2:00 a.m. Wednesday morning in the 1000 block of East Arkansas Lane, but the investigation then moved to the Fiesta supermarket located in the 1300 block of East Pioneer Parkway, just west of State Highway 360.
Although officers were dispatched to the apartment complex, they found the teenager injured in the parking lot of the supermarket. Police did not identify the boy, but said that he is either 15 or 16 years old.
According to police, the teen tried to break into the supermarket’s front door after the shooting, in an apparent effort to find help.
The teen was transported to Medical Center of Arlington. Authorities said that he is expected to survive.
Officers with the Arlington Police Department sealed off the grocery store parking lot for hours as they investigated the shooting. Police are still sorting through information surrounding this case, and checking out some potential leads. However, there has been no word yet about any possible suspects.
- Rescue Still Ongoing For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- Fielder, Moreland Lead Rangers Past Pirates 6-2
- Man Dies After Being Struck Twice While Crossing Street
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures