Exxon Mobil’s Q3 Profit Falls 18 Percent
NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM) – Exxon Mobil’s profit is down 18 percent from last year, but the oil and gas giant is still making nearly $8 billion in three months.
Production is slightly higher, but the biggest U.S. oil and gas company is making less money at refining because of thinner profit margins.
Exxon Mobil said Thursday that third-quarter net income was $7.87 billion, or $1.79 per share. That compares with $9.57 billion, or $2.09 per share, a year earlier. Revenue was down 2 percent to $112.37 billion.
The results are a bit better than expectations. Analysts were forecasting profit of $1.77 per share on revenue of $107.39 billion.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Big 12 Matchups To Watch in 2015
- 5 Best & Worst MLB Trade Deadline Deals
- Hollywood’s Female Superhero Problem
- Exxon Mobil Misses Q2 Profit Forecasts
- State Fair Of Texas Tickets On Sale Now
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures