Sen. Cruz’s Father Said President Should Go Back To Africa
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A speech given by Senator Ted Cruz’s father last fall is making headlines now.
At a Tea Party gathering in September 2012, Rafael Cruz told his son’s supporters the President should be sent back to Africa.
“We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago. I’d like to send him back to Kenya…back to Indonesia,” said the elder Cruz.
That video and several others featuring Rafael Cruz are featured in an article by the magazine Mother Jones.
The article focuses on how Rafael Cruz has influenced his son’s views and approach to politics.
CBS 11 asked Senator Cruz for a comment about his father’s remarks, but have not yet received a response.
- Lake Lewisville Inches Towards Spillway Crest
- Colonial: Kevin Na, Ian Poulter Go Head To Head In Ft. Worth
- Texas Nixes Voter-Approved Denton Fracking Ban
- Texas Lawmakers Vote Reform For Grand Jury “Pick-A-Pal” Process
- Weather Alert Day Continues
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures