“The Price Is Right Live” Coming To DFW
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – If you ever wanted to spin the Big Wheel, play Plinko, or “Come on Down!” constestant’s row on The Price Is Right, this is your chance.
The popular game show is traveling to North Texas on Saturday, November 2, offering a chance to play viewer-favorite pricing games and walk away with major applicances, trips, cash or a number of other prizes.
“For people who love The Price Is Right, our goal is to put on The Price Is Right at home for them,” said Jeff Palmer, Vice President of Live Events for FremantleMedia North America, Inc.
The 90-minute live show is very similar to the show that’s been broadcast to millions of homes for more than 40 years — with just a few changes.
“Instead of commercials, we show great moments from The Price Is Right – from Bob Barker history to Drew Carey,” said Palmer.
Meanwhile, another familiar name keeps the crowd entertained for the live version of the show — long-time talk show host Jerry Springer.
For those going to the show, this is what you can expect:
Four new contestants are called down before each pricing game to bid their way on stage. One winner gets a chance to play a pricing game, including TPIR classics, like Cliffhanger, Punch A Bunch, or Any Number, the first game ever played on the TV show. By the end of the live show, up to eight pricing games are played and up to 30 people have heard their name, followed by the famous line, “Come on Down! You are the next contestant on The Price Is Right!”
Audience members register before the show begins, and contestants are picked at random by a computer. Two lucky audience members are chosen for the big finale, the Showcase Showdown, and even those who played previous games are eligible.
For the showcase, we play 10 chances. It’s a little more exciting, a little longer and makes for a great ending of the show
“I don’t like to give away the ending, but there’s a chance to win something for the garage,” said Palmer.
Also at the end of the show, those who don’t get called on stage can pay a fee and spin the Big Wheel.
The show starts at 8 p.m. at the Eiseman Center, 2351 Performance Dr. in Richardson, Texas.
Tickets are available at the Eisemann Center Box Office, by phone (972-744-4605) or online.
- 20-Year-Old Man Kidnapped At Gunpoint
- Video Appears To Show Texas Deputies Shot Man With Hands Up
- Supreme Court Rules Against Clerk In Gay Marriage Case
- Blue Bell’s Hometown Return Brought Relief To Employees, Residents
- Getting Kicks With Bricks… Through Windshields In Dallas
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures