17-Year-Old Charged With Decapitating & Disemboweling Neighbor’s Cat
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A 17-year-old from Grand Prairie is charged with hitting a neighbor’s cat in the head 30 times with a hammer before decapitating and eviscerating it in August.
A bond hearing is set Monday morning for the teenager, Oscar Vega. He was indicted and charged with cruelty to animals and use of a deadly weapon following the Aug. 6 incident.
Vega’s bond was set at $10,000, and he is currently out on bail. However, prosecutors in the Animal Cruelty Unit of the Dallas County DA’s Office say that he “poses a considerable threat to the human and pet communities” and that the bond is insufficient.
If convicted and use of a deadly weapon is proven, Vega could receive up to 10 years.
The hearing will take place in the 283rd Judicial District Court on the 6th floor of the Frank Crowley Courts Building, 133 N. Riverfront Blvd. in Dallas, with Judge Rick Magnis presiding.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jefferson Keys Third Quarter Spurt As Mavs Beat Pelicans 102-93
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Woman On Flight With North Texas Ebola Patient Plans To Sue
- Texas Keeps NCAA Hopes Alive, Beats No. 14 Baylor 61-59
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures