DOWNTOWN DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An elevator technician died after he fell 20 feet down an elevator shaft in a Dallas parking garage Friday night. It happened at 8:12 p.m. at 1515 Elm Street near Akard and North Ervay in downtown. The technician, a Latin male, was servicing equipment located in the mechanical room next to the open shaft. Paramedics declared him dead at the scene.
Police say they don’t know what caused him to fall or whether there was foul play involved. But at this time, it appears it was an accident, according to Lieutenant Midge Boyle, spokesperson for the Dallas Police Department.
Dallas homicide detectives and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are working together on the investigation.
The man’s family was notified of his death.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Texas Coach Mack Brown To Step-Down After Alamo Bowl
- Chanel Takes Inspiration From Dallas For Show
- Jones Confident In Kiffin’s Ability To ‘Fix’ Cowboys Defense
- Briles Named AP Big 12 Coach Of The Year
- Students Head Back To Class After Ice Days
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures