MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) — Tyler Jones passed for two touchdowns and Robert Lowe ran for two as Texas State cruised past Idaho 37-21 on Saturday.
Trailing 23-14 in the third quarter, the Vandals failed to convert on fourth-and-5 from their 38. The Bobcats took advantage, twice converting on fourth down, including Tim Gay’s 20-yard scoring run.
In the fourth quarter, Jones faked a keeper and found Terrence Franks alone for a 67-yard score and a comfortable 37-14 lead.
Texas State took a 23-14 lead as the first half ended when Isaiah Battle made a one-handed, 4-yard reception in the corner of the end zone.
Idaho’s James Baker rushed for 114 yards and a TD. Taylor Davis, who started the year as the third-string QB, passed for two touchdowns.
Texas State (6-3) won its third consecutive game to become bowl-eligible. Idaho (1-8), dropping its fourth straight, joins Texas State next season in the Sun Belt.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Patterson Signs New Deal To Stay At TCU Through 2023 Season
- Salvation Army Angel Trees Looking For Donations
- Dallas Police Searching For Murder Suspect
- Even In The Amazon Era, Black Friday Shows Stores Are Alive
- College Basketball Games To Watch: Top Teams Battle It Out In Oregon
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures