Stars Slip Past Senators 4-3 In Shootout
Sports Fan Insider
OTTAWA (AP) – Jordie Benn scored the game winner in the shootout and the Dallas Stars defeated the Ottawa Senators 4-3 Sunday.
The game had a number of twists and turns, but perhaps the most disconcerting for the Senators was the injury to goalie Craig Anderson.
With 1:32 gone in overtime, Anderson went down hard after being hit by Valeri Nichushkin. He was taken off the ice on a stretcher after he appeared to take a knee to the head.
Anderson faced 36 shots before Robin Lehner was forced into action. Lehner stopped two shots in overtime.
Antoine Roussel, Ray Whitney and Nichushkin scored for the Stars (6-6-2). Kari Lehtonen stopped 36 shots.
Lehtonen stopped Milan Michalek, Jason Spezza and Bobby Ryan in the shootout.
Ryan, Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza scored for the Senators (4-6-4).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Japanese Bitcoin Exchange Files US Bankruptcy Case In Dallas
- Southwest Announces Potential Flights From Dallas Love
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- VIDEO: Devin Harris Is Harris ‘Bueller’
- Navarro County Toddler Shot, Killed By 8-Year-Old
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures