A 3.9 earthquake struck near Arcadia, OK just northeast of Oklahoma City at 10:01pm Monday evening. The 3.9 rating came from the USGS. According to Meteorologist Nick Bender with News 9 OKC, the Oklahoma Geological Survey pinged the quake at 4.0. So the strength could be revised.
There have been 10 earthquakes in this area in the past 4 days. The one that struck Monday night at 10:01pm was the strongest so far.
The blue dots on the map below shows the location of the earthquakes over the past 4 days. The red dot is the earthquake Monday evening.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ken Burns Making Documentary On Muhammad Ali
- Cowboys Coach Garrett Says Romo Situation ‘Status Quo’
- Gallagher Puts Canadiens Ahead In 4-1 Win Over Stars
- TCU Advances To NIT Title Game With 68-53 Win Over Central Florida
- Grant Hill On Final Four: ‘Any One Of These Teams Capable Of Winning’
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures