A 3.9 earthquake struck near Arcadia, OK just northeast of Oklahoma City at 10:01pm Monday evening. The 3.9 rating came from the USGS. According to Meteorologist Nick Bender with News 9 OKC, the Oklahoma Geological Survey pinged the quake at 4.0. So the strength could be revised.
There have been 10 earthquakes in this area in the past 4 days. The one that struck Monday night at 10:01pm was the strongest so far.
The blue dots on the map below shows the location of the earthquakes over the past 4 days. The red dot is the earthquake Monday evening.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Raise Awareness To Fight Animal Cruelty
- NBA Western Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- FIFA Ethics Committee Bans Former Secretary General For 12 Years
- NBA Eastern Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- Hello, Win Column: Starting Pitching Depth
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures