DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – People flying American Airlines were allowed to use some of their electronic devices non-stop from gate to gate tonight.
The Federal Aviation Administration relaxed its restrictions on using gadgets on board last week. Passengers are now allowed to listen to music, watch videos and keep their electronic books on in-flight.
However, sending text messages or making calls on-board still isn’t allowed.
For years, the belief that allowing people to use electronic gadgets in the air – transmitting signals to the ground – may interfere with the plane’s instruments.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Safety Concerns Return To School Bus Stop Along Harry Hines Boulevard
- Country Stars From Vegas Festival To Perform Grammy Tribute
- Wyndham Buying Texas-Based La Quinta For $1.95 Billion
- Lawmakers Ask If States Or Feds Should Handle Missile Alerts
- NTSB: High Speed, Slow Rotor Led To Ellis County Helicopter Crash
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures