DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – People flying American Airlines were allowed to use some of their electronic devices non-stop from gate to gate tonight.
The Federal Aviation Administration relaxed its restrictions on using gadgets on board last week. Passengers are now allowed to listen to music, watch videos and keep their electronic books on in-flight.
However, sending text messages or making calls on-board still isn’t allowed.
For years, the belief that allowing people to use electronic gadgets in the air – transmitting signals to the ground – may interfere with the plane’s instruments.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Surprising Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Controversial Reading Assignment Has Some High School Parents Fuming
- Dallas Mayor Pleased With Grow South Initiative’s Progress
- Sanders Wins Democratic Presidential Primary In Indiana
- Cruz Drops Out Of Race For President
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures