DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – People flying American Airlines were allowed to use some of their electronic devices non-stop from gate to gate tonight.
The Federal Aviation Administration relaxed its restrictions on using gadgets on board last week. Passengers are now allowed to listen to music, watch videos and keep their electronic books on in-flight.
However, sending text messages or making calls on-board still isn’t allowed.
For years, the belief that allowing people to use electronic gadgets in the air – transmitting signals to the ground – may interfere with the plane’s instruments.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Storm Chasers Honor ‘Twister’ Star Bill Paxton With GPS Tribute
- Police Say More Than 100 Jewish Cemetery Headstones Damaged
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Scares Up Big $30.5 Million Debut
- Joseph Wapner, Star Of ‘The People’s Court,’ Dies At 97
- Officer Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Patrol Car
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures