DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A tired driver fell asleep at the wheel and crashed her new pickup truck into a Dallas mattress store late Monday, police said.
It all happened around 11:30 p.m. on Monday night at the Sleep Experts store on Henderson Avenue, near Central Expressway.
According to police, the female driver of the truck had just gotten off from a 13-hour shift when she fell asleep on the way home. Her truck ended up deep inside of the store, and firefighters had to call Oncor to disconnect the electricity before the vehicle could be pulled out. The woman was not hurt.
There was no immediate estimate on the amount of damage caused to the building, and no word on whether or not the store will be open for business on Tuesday.
- Officer Known For Helping Others Needs Support
- Wounded Marine To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Middle-Schoolers Ceremoniously Vote To Remove Confederate General’s Name From School
- Horse Center Founder Explains Why He Shut Down Special Needs Program
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures