DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A tired driver fell asleep at the wheel and crashed her new pickup truck into a Dallas mattress store late Monday, police said.
It all happened around 11:30 p.m. on Monday night at the Sleep Experts store on Henderson Avenue, near Central Expressway.
According to police, the female driver of the truck had just gotten off from a 13-hour shift when she fell asleep on the way home. Her truck ended up deep inside of the store, and firefighters had to call Oncor to disconnect the electricity before the vehicle could be pulled out. The woman was not hurt.
There was no immediate estimate on the amount of damage caused to the building, and no word on whether or not the store will be open for business on Tuesday.
- Kane, Crawford Lift Blackhawks Over Stars 3-2 In Shootout
- High Winds Fuel Four-Alarm Irving Apartment Fire
- Texas House Speaker Won’t Block Bathroom Bill Despite His Opposition
- Bikers Cry Discrimination Against Iconic Burger Joint
- Plaintiffs Ask Judges To Trash Texas Congressional Districts
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures