Technical Glitch Causes Super Low Prices At Walmart.com
NEW YORK (AP) — Treadmills for $33? Computer monitors for $9? The deals are too good to be true — even at Wal-Mart.
It turns out they’re not.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. says a “technical error” caused certain products to be priced absurdly low or high on its website earlier Wednesday morning.
The company said it’s working to resolve the issue and that the site may have intermittent problems with availability until then.
“We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers,” said Ravi Jariwala, a spokesman for Wal-Mart’s online operations.
Earlier Wednesday, shoppers took to Twitter to cite ridiculously low prices like treadmills for $33.16 and Hewlett Packard LCD monitors for $8.85. Jariwala declined to comment on whether the retailer would honor bargains that customers scooped up and said it was still working through the details.
Heading into the crucial holiday shopping season, Wal-Mart has doubled the number of items it has on its website from last year to 5 million.
That’s expected to help fuel a 30 percent growth in online sales to $10 billion for its current fiscal year, which ends in late January. That’s still just a sliver of the $486 billion in annual sales Wal-Mart did last year.
Wal-Mart is based in Bentonville, Ark.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- URGENT: Source: Jerry ‘Very Involved’ In Cowboys Plans With La’el Collins Pursuit
- Mother Talks About Daughter’s Death Used In Political Campaign
- Top 5 Surprising Ways You’re Spending Too Much At The Supermarket
- Tornadoes Touch Down In Oklahoma, Nebraska On Active Day
- Texas’ Top Officer Disses Snoop Dogg
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures